2015 OPEN GRANT ELIGIBILITY/PROCESS/DEADLINES
Through our Open Grant program, the Satterberg Foundation seeks to fund organizations or programs working to promote a just society or a sustainable environment. Open Grants may be used for operating support, program development, capacity building or a combination thereof. Advocacy, collaboration, organizing, or program work are among the possibilities we will consider. Amaze us with your vision.
Organizations with annual budgets under $1 million dollars can request a one-year Open Grant up to $25,000 or a multi-year Open Grant up to $75,000 over 3 years. Requests for funding may not exceed 20% of the applicant’s annual expense budget.
Organizations with annual budgets between $1-$5 million dollars can request a one-year Open Grant up to $100,000 or a multi-year Open Grant up to $300,000 over 3 years.
To read about prior grantees, please take the time to look under Open Grants, “Current Grantees” and/or “Past Grantees”.
• Applicant organization must be its own 501 ( c ) 3 organization
• Applicant organization’s annual operating budget must not exceed $5,000,000.00
• Applicant organization’s primary focus must include working to promote a just society and/or sustainable environment
• Applicant organization must be located within or provide programs to one or more of the communities of Satterberg Foundation Board Members:
California: Alameda, Contra Costa, Los Angeles, Orange, San Bernardino, San Diego, Santa Clara and Ventura
Washington: Jefferson, King, Kitsap, Mason, Pierce, San Juan, Snohomish, Skagit, Thurston and Whatcom
• Applicant organization must have at least one paid FTE (full time equivalent) employee
• Applicant organization must not employ any member of the Satterberg Foundation Board of Directors, nor have any member of the Satterberg Foundation Board of Directors serving on their Board of Directors or on any other Advisory Board or the like
• Applicant organization must be nondiscriminatory in its policies and practices in regards to age, creed, disability, ethnic origin, gender, race and sexual orientation
• Please visit www.satterberg.org and review the mission, vision and values of the Satterberg Foundation
• Create and account and apply online through the Satterberg Foundation electronic grant system
• By May 8, 2015, the Satterberg Foundation office will notify all applicant organizations of the status of their LOI, whether or not they will be asked to submit a full proposal
• Satterberg Foundation Board members and/or staff members will visit all organizations asked to submit a full proposal from May-August 2015
• Full proposals will be due September 1, 2015
• Final decisions by the Satterberg Foundation Board of Directors be will be made in early November 2015, and promptly communicated to all applicants
• Granted applications will be sent a grant agreement letter outlining the details of the grant
• When agreement is received, grants over $100,000 will receive stock gifts, grants under $100,000 will receive a check
• A follow-up report is due at the completion of the activity, or for multi-year grants, on an annual basis until completion of the grant activity. The follow-up report is found when logging in to your account on Satterberg's online grant management system
• A Satterberg Foundation Board or staff member will connect with the grantee organization annually, through either a site visit, phone call, or other method
April 6, 2015 – LOI Deadline
September 1, 2015- Full Proposal Deadline
Below are a few steps that you can take to help prevent issues when accessing the online LOI:
Use Internet Explorer
While you can access your applications and see the questions using most browsers, only Internet Explorer will correctly open and display the entire form. Some browsers will have issues related to cookies and some will not display the navigation buttons for the application.
Close your application between sessions
If you need to use another website while working on your application, be sure to save your application and then close that window. Otherwise the application software will open a blank form in place of your in progress application.
Do not open other browser windows while completing your application
Opening another window while your application is open may also cause the application to close and a new, blank, form to open.
Access your saved application here
You will need to use the same username and password as when you created the application.
For questions, please email Sarah Walczyk, Administrator/Program Officer, Info (AT) Satterberg (DOT) org Please include "Open Grant" in subject line of message.