Satterberg Foundation Invitational Grants are made at the discretion and invitation of our Board Members. Throughout the year, each Board Member identifies organizations that resonate both with their own personal passions and the Foundation’s mission, vision and values. Dollar amounts may vary for each grant, and are determined by the nominating Board Member.
Eligible organizations include those that are:
- 501(c)3 tax-exempt nonprofits (or fiscally sponsored by a 501(c)3 organization)
- Located or doing its work in either Washington or California
- Nondiscriminatory in its policies and practices in regards to sex, race, color, marital status, national origin, religious affiliation, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, and age
- Nonevangelical in its work
- Aligned with the mission, vision, and values of the Satterberg Foundation
Guidelines & Process
Satterberg Foundation Board Members will initiate Invitational Grants, and along with staff will guide nominated organizations through the application process. There is no restriction on the number of Invitational Grants awarded to an organization in one calendar year, but invitations to reapply come solely at the discretion of Board Members.
Staff is on hand to assist with any technical questions that may arise for applicants as they navigate the online grant system.
The Satterberg Foundation Board will consider Invitational Grants at each quarterly Board Meeting and decide whether to approve applications for funding. Successful applicants will be asked to submit a progress report 8-9 months following receipt of the grant payment.